Learning a foreign language opens the door to several benefits. Arabic is one such language. Arabic is spoken in most of the Middle Eastern countries of the world and is the fifth largest language spoken in the world. It is also quite popular among learners as this language is rich, offers various job opportunities to them and boosts their careers.
A Diploma in Professional Arabic (DPA) is pursued by those who want to learn Arabic. The course exposes the learners to the history of Arabic languages and their cultural significance. It is an excellent course for people in business who want to spread their businesses globally and individuals who want to learn Arabic.
Scope of Diploma in Professional Arabic (DPA)
By learning multiple languages, one can become a linguist. Arabic is in demand in the corporate world. Businesses trying to enter Middle Eastern nations require individuals who are professional Arabic speakers. Knowing a foreign language will help them connect with the local Arab people to join and spread in their market.
Fifth Largest Language Spoken
Arabic is spoken in 25 Middle Eastern and Northern African countries. Learning this language will help the students earn global exposure. One gets a deeper understanding of the culture and the history of its civilization.
Paves Way to Learn Other Middle Eastern Languages
Learning Arabic has many other benefits. It paves the way for the students to learn other Middle Eastern Languages like Persian, Hebrew, Urdu, Turkish, etc. The speech, grammar and vocabulary of these languages are quite similar to that of Arabic. Hence, learning these languages becomes easy and quick.
Opportunity to Work Abroad
As Arabic is spoken in most Middle Eastern countries, opportunities for staying and working in these countries have increased. These countries are developing and need more investments and competent workforces. Thus, numerous job opportunities are available in these countries in various work sectors.
Job Roles Available
- Translators are responsible for translating vital documents, books and other information written in Arabic to different languages and vice-versa.
- Interpreters deal in transforming spoken language or information from Arabic into other languages. Most interpreters work in Government offices and media houses.
- Content writers with Arabic language knowledge can convert Arabic into English and other languages into Arabic.
- Professors of Arabic languages can help other students learn this language and turn them into professionals.
- The Banking and Finance Sectors of Arabic countries have great job profiles where students of DPA can apply and have thriving careers in these sectors.
- Authors who have learnt the Arabic language can do research and write books in Arabic.
Jamia Hamdard (Deemed to be University) Offers Diploma in Professional Arabic (DPA)
Jamia Hamdard (Deemed to be University) offers an online program for Diploma in the Professional Arabic language (DPA). The course imparts knowledge of Arabic languages and teaches its history, cultural significance and uniqueness that will make students become proficient Arabic speakers.
The total fee charged by the university is INR 9,500.
Duration: One year
Eligibility: Students applying for this course must be a 10th Pass or Equivalent from any Madarsa recognized by Jamia Hamdard.
To know more about this course, please visit the below link: